Saturday 23 January 2010

Bigmouth strikes again

So this evening I went to see a Smiths tribute band. That's a whole post in itself but the focus of my vexing is about a few vile boys in the sparse crowd. There was a man at the front this evening who was having a lovely time. I am pretty sure he had learning difficulties and he was overweight and easy prey to 4 nasty boys. They thought it was hilarious to mimic his dancing and push each other into him. This made me really angry. I hate this kind of bullying. Usually it boils inside of me and I don't do anything about it out of fear that they will draw out knives and stab me up, but this week has been a hellish week and my tolerance is zero. So I tapped one of them on the shoulder and mimed at him to stop being a w*nker. It was poignently during the song "I know it's over" with the line "It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate, it takes strength to be gentle and kind." So I pointed this out to the boys and told them they were being mean bullies and to be kind. They weren't that pleased with me telling them off and they started telling me that this man, who was about 20 years older than them, was their mate and what was I talking about. So I said "You know exactly what I'm talking about, you're not pulling the wool over my eyes so stop it, it's cruel." And after a bit more grunting they skulked off. So I feel triumphant in my mouthing off. Even though the victim was absolutely none the wiser and genuinely thought these boys were being freindly. They shall feel guilt at being cruel. Good.

Now that marks the first and last time I shall go out in Bristol. My God. What has happened to the world? In the space of about four minutes I saw a woman pick her kebab up off the floor and continue to eat it, heard a couple saying "It's just a course where you gots to tell them you fink it's wrong to have sex with children, and then you pass it" and a woman fling her shoes at a moving car. I'm now safely home where I shall remain for every Saturday night for the rest of my life.

1 comment:

  1. The general public in Bristol or in any other city in the world on a Saturday night are a repulsive bunch. It's like new years eve - horrible men decked out in topman shirts that they will douse in lynxb before appearing in court inthe same outfit Monday morning. Vile.

    ReplyDelete